Search This Blog

Monday, September 29, 2008

FAMILY INFO

MY DAD'S ACCIDENT

My Dad is currently in the Neuro ICU ward at the University of Utah hospital in Salt Lake City. They went to chop down wood for the winter. A tree they chopped down hit another tree but did not tip it over. When my dad was chopping up the tree that had fallen, the tree that got hit suddenly snapped and landed on him. He ended up with internal bleeding into his brain which caused swelling, but thankfully was able to get to the hospital in Ely, Nevada, and then life flighted to Salt Lake. He has been unconscious and sedated since the accident on Saturday, September 27th. He has been somewhat responsive. They plan on keeping him there for about a week, attempting to revive him each day to see how he is healing. He has been keeping up with expectations so far so good.

Luckily, his Bishop was able to give him a priesthood blessing while he was in Ely. When I got the news, I was very nervous. He was recently married (4 months ago) and has 3 boys living at home with him, and has yet to meet his newest grandson. But every time I pray about it, I feel a sense of calm come over me. It may take awhile, but I feel somehow things will work out.


BABIES

There have been quite a few babies born in our family lately. My brother Doug and Kayla had a baby girl Samantha. Then there are cousins Sara Anderson, Crystal Weiss, Mandy Ricks, and Annie Hull. There may be some on the Wilcock side, but we have had limited contact since my parents' divorce. Either way, fun stuff.


Baby Samantha Jane Roundy


Baby Tanya Anderson

Baby Amberly Ricks: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/t/tooele/ password: babyricks


PAULA & JASON ABRAHAM

I recently received a newspaper article from my grandparents out of the St. George Spectrum about my cousin Paula and her husband Jason (I took pictures of the newspaper pictures, so they aren't very good). I found it pretty impressive. Apparently, the two made a goal to get into better shape so they could go back to Vanuatu (where Paula served her mission) to visit. The plane that goes out to that island is small and has a weight limit. So in the end, Jason lost 185 lbs (365 to 180) and Paula lost 110 lbs (260 to 150), and in only a year or so. They didn't use any medications or surgeries, just adjusted their eating habits and went to the gym. Anyway, pretty awesome :)

Before


After



TRAVIS SEVY

My cousin Travis Sevy is my age. We graduated from the same high school, he ran on the same cross country team as my husband Kellen, they took state that year :) Travis served a mission in Taiwan (like my dad). There he learned to speak Mandarin Chinese. He now works at Yale University, heading their travel abroad program to China. Here are some pictures of him and his son while they were in China, and ran into President Bush (Travis is on the far left).

3 comments:

Travis, Kassie, Ellie and Haven said...

Kathy, I am so sorry about your dad, but I am so glad that you have received comfort. It sure helps is such a situation. If you need anything just let me know. Especially when your baby comes, I would love to help if needed. We will keep you and your family in our prayers.
Kassie

K and M said...

I heard last night at craft night that you were having your induction today - CONGRATULATIONS! Post pictures!!! We're very happy for you and so anxious to see the little guy.

T and B said...

Kathy,
I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope and pray that everything will be okay.
Sincerely,
Bethany