Search This Blog

Sunday, February 15, 2009

4 MONTHS





Shade had his 4 month check-up the other day. He got 2 shots again. He was all smiley with the nurse, then she pricked his leg. He stopped short and looked at me like "what was that? Should I respond?" Then the second shot he gave 3 sympathy cries and then started eating his hands.

He has only gained 2 pounds in the last 2 months...putting him a little over 15 pounds. So he has leaned out a lot and is now only average for his weight. However, he also grew 2 inches! That puts him in the top 10% for his age. He still fits in most of his clothes for his age now, except his pants are all too short!

FUN THINGS
Shade has been laughing a lot more lately. 4 fun situations:

1)I told him it was time to go to bed, he started laughing.

2)I had just changed his diaper and he had a "pee chill." I asked him if he peed, he started laughing.

3)He had a stinky diaper. I asked him if he had a present for me, he started laughing.

(You would think that it was just the inflection of my voice when I talk to him since he obviously doesn't understand what I am saying, but he only laughed these three times. I talk to him all the time...)

4)At the store, I picked up a toy that made noise and played it for him. He started laughing. So we bought it. He hasn't laughed at it since.

He also laughs sometimes when we play with his feet or neck. We actually got a cute video of him laughing with Kellen. I will try to post that (I forgot my camera).

No comments: