Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

VALENTINE'S DAY


Kellen recently took on a new position at work, but until they get a new person trained on his old position, he is having to do both. So he has been working pretty late every night since the beginning of the year. And needless to say, since I work and sleep on the weekends, we haven't seen a lot of each other lately. Although we had a blessing in disguise. We all got pretty sick, one cold after another. So Kellen's boss let him work from home a couple of days, which was awesome for Shade and I(except for the sick part). Then Kellen needed to have a medical procedure done during this time as well, which they scheduled for...Valentine's Day.

We had to be at the hospital at 5:30am. I was the designated driver, so we took Shade with us as well. He wasn't too excited about getting up that early, he said while we were getting him dressed, "we haven't even slept yet!" But he was at least compliant and slept some more at the hospital. When Kellen was done, we went to eat at a little cafe in downtown Farmington that had cheap omelets on Tuesdays, not bad. Then we went home and all three of us slept for several hours. One good thing about having his procedure on Valentine's Day, he got the whole day off. He didn't even have to work at all. It was so nice to be together without having one of us preoccupied with something else.

And for Valentine's Day, since we don't really do flowers, Kellen had previously bought some food and made an awesome dinner: steak, prawns, lobster soup, potatoes and veggies, and for desert he and Shade had made a chocolate cake with blackberry/blueberry filling and chocolate/whipped cream frosting. It was delicious! I have to admit, I have the awesomest husband and son in the world!

No comments: