Search This Blog

Friday, June 1, 2012

GERMANY, WEEK ALONE

So Kellen had to go to Germany again for more training. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get that time off, so we had to figure out what to do with Shade while I was working. So Kellen's sister offered to take Shade for a week and we took her up on it. It was a long drive, especially on the way back by myself. I missed Shade like crazy. But I picked up 2 extra shifts so it went by pretty fast for me. I just went to work, came home, slept, got up, went to work again. When I wasn't working or sleeping I was cleaning/organizing our apartment. So I stayed busy. Shade sounded excited to talk to me on the phone every day I called him, but he didn't miss me or Kellen too much. He had too many cousins and toys to play with. He loved it there.

Kellen's sister brought Shade back and their family stayed with us for several days over the holiday weekend. Of course our AC wasn't working and it got pretty hot that weekend. But I had gone to pick up Kellen and the cousins had gotten to our apartment first. When Shade saw both of us, he was so excited! He came out of the apartment jumping up and down with a huge smile on his face and ran over to Kellen first and gave him the biggest hug. Then he gave me the biggest hug. That night we let the cousins sleep in our big room because they all fit in there, and Shade slept with us in his room. He wanted to cuddle us all night, he wouldn't let us put him in his crib until he fell asleep. It was so nice to have my family back! Shade and I have left Kellen alone before several times to visit family, but it is so different being the one left behind. It really makes you really appreciate what you have!

1-2) On the trip there (gotta love those Michigan rest stops!)
3-4) Cousins (why Shade never really missed us)
5-6) Baby Racoons (Chicago), A flower that Shade had taken care of since it was a seed. Unfortunately I was the one who forgot to water it while he was gone. But it did bloom.



No comments: