
New Year's has never been too exciting in our family. I remember doing a few fun things as a kid with my friends sometimes, like sleepover parties and what not. The New Year's after I got home from Brazil was actually my second date with Kellen (the first one was to a Scrooged play put on by Dixie College). He took me to the "First Night" celebration party thing in downtown St. George, Utah. They had music and games and all kinds of fun stuff. My older sister and some of her friends were there too. Afterward we went to someone's house and played Cranium for awhile. That was really the only New Year's celebration we have done since we started dating except last year when we were able to be out in Gardnerville, Nevada, with my family where we played a few games and ate some good food. Other than that, one year I was working as a waitress at Village Inn in Salt Lake City and Kellen came in to see me while I was working. But it has never been big holiday for the two of us. I guess it gets less and less tempting to stay up late the older you get :)
This year I was at work anyway, so it wasn't too exciting for me. And on top of that, I got pulled to two different units that night (one at 11:30 where I got a patient admission as soon as I got there), so I really didn't even notice that it was the new year until several hours later.
Kellen and Shade stayed up pretty late (until 11!) and ate popcorn, watched a movie, and wrestled a bit. So they had fun, although we paid for it the next couple of days with a cranky 4-year old. Kellen said he tried to explain the whole new year concept to Shade, but he didn't really understand it. But at least they had a fun boys night!
Some memorable things of 2012:
Nevada for New Year's at the beginning of the year as a family
My step-mom's funeral :( -but together as a family
Family trips to Chicago, Pictured Rocks and Mexico
Expecting Baby #2
Shade turned 4
We got to celebrate Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas together as a family
Some things to look forward to in 2013:
Baby Girl in April
Shade starts Kindergarten and turns 5 this year
Hopefully making it out to see family again this summer
No comments:
Post a Comment