So I have stopped posting since June 2017. Our computer got too slow, I had problems logging into our account (on account of Shade having a school google account that was messing with it and it took me a long time to figure all that out), and we were saving photos in so many different places, it was hard to find all the ones I wanted to use and shrink them to fit my posts. And then life just got super crazy. I don't really know if/when I will get caught up with older posts.
In January 2018, I started working at Piedmont Fayette Hospital, just on a typical medical/surgical floor that got turned into a stroke unit (which I had to get certified for). Then in August-October we got licensed to foster so we could eventually adopt two of our nieces who were in Foster Care in Utah. There was a lot of red tape and lots of issues we had to fight in order to get that taken care of.
In January 2019, we had the worst of the legal battles to fight for our nieces (over $15,000 worth!). We were finally able to adopt them in August! It has been an adjustment adding 2 very strong-willed (one being a PTSD child) into our family, but worth it! Kellen also started going to Mexico for work in May, and continued to do so about every other week for the rest of the year (16 times total!). Also in August, I got pretty sick and my body killed off my insulin-making cells and I now have Type 1 diabetes. Figures. It took about 4 months of daily headaches and fatigue, as well as frequent severe migraines to get that all sorted out. I am still trying to find a good balance with my daily medications.
2020 has started out crazy too. I worked a TON for the holiday break, and just finished my last shift this weekend until the end of February (since January 2019, I now only have to work 3 shifts per 6 week schedule, but I try to pick up extra shifts when Kellen has time off), so I have been exhausted pretty much since last August. And now Kellen has another work trip to Mexico planned for February. But Kellen and I are planning our FIRST KID-FREE vacation (since becoming parents) coming up soon! We are very excited! Hopefully this will be our great start to a great year!
No comments:
Post a Comment