
(Yeah, we're from Utah...UofU Alumni...)

This Christmas was very nice. It was kind of sad not being able to visit family in Utah like we did last year. But after not seeing my husband and baby much for 3 1/2 months, being able to spend the entire week with them and the entire Christmas Day, without having to worry about school stuff, was AWESOME! Shade has really gotten to like us again, it feels good :)
So for Christmas Eve, we fought crowds at Meijer for last minute shopping to get some cream cheese for a cheesecake I was going to make. Then we went to bed early.
Christmas morning I made special hot chocolate with milk, melted dark chocolate and marshmallows, and Kellen made French Toast. It is a rule we have to have breakfast before presents, which is what was done to torture my siblings and I as kids :) Then on to presents. Shade actually really enjoyed opening presents and seeing all the new stuff. He got some alphabet fridge magnets which he loves. He is very much into sticking magnents on the fridge, then taking them off, then repeating over and over. He also got some very nice gifts from friends and family, as did Kellen and I, thank you all for your awesome thoughtfulness!
As for Kellen and I, we got a too nice of a camera from Santa a bit early this year after we sold our motorcycle...have I mentioned that sale yet? Oh, and I got a tent we are very anxious to use once it is warm again, and Kellen got one of his favorite board games.
As for the White Christmas, it actually rained all day Christmas day and melted most of the snow away!
Luckily, we have some great friends out here who invited us to their house for Christmas. There ended up being a lot of other families who got "stuck" in Michigan and also went, so it was like a big family dinner. There were lots of kids and lots of food. It was awesome!
Here are some pictures:
Our Holiday Setup


Shade was surprisingly not very interested in opening presents or bothering the tree the entire week or so we had it all up. He only tried to figure it out once, then after we told him "No" and distracted him, he never went back to it. Here he is trying to sneak a peek, then getting caught :)


In fact, Christmas morning, the first thing he went for when we brought him over to the presents was the box of oranges we had sitting by the other stuff.

Here are our "stockings." Shade wanted to hug and play with his.


Some of Shade's new toys:
Kisses

Magnets


Stacking Bucket
1 comment:
Shade has grown so much. I am excited for this years Christmas when Luke will be older and more able to enjoy opening presents etc. I am so glad you had a good Christmas despite not being with family. We had a hot, summer Christmas in South Africa with my family. It was really good to see them and for them to finally meet Luke.
Post a Comment