FINALLY ABOVE FREEZING WEATHER!!! Took until half-way through February, but we made it! It is easy to forget how good the sun feels when you don't see it for a couple of weeks...
So I had my first live OR experience this week. A laproscopic hysterectomy. Amazing. They were able to remove a woman's entire uterus through 4 tiny incisions in her abdomen. Again, amazing. Also, I made it all the way through without feeling sick. Kudos for me :)
School is crazy hectic. With four 20 page papers, three 5 page papers, 2 teaching projects, a group project, three 8-hour clinicals each week, and a tremendous amount of information for each test/quiz. Most of that is due before spring break. I have to keep reminding myself that I chose to do this... :P
Kellen had a cute experience last night. Shade was/is sick with a fever, so we let him sleep in our bed - it was easier than getting up every single time he cried. I eventually went to sleep on the couch because I had to get up at 4:30 for school. But Kellen is a deep sleeper, so he didn't really notice Shade rolling all over the bed. At one point Kellen said he was dreaming about some financial report thing from work called PHEX. Then Shade showed up in the dream and was trying to say the word PHEX but instead said "Cheese" (which is what he calls anything he wants in real life). So Kellen told him "no, its P-HEX" and Shade said "Cheese." This went on for a bit until Kellen finally woke up to Shade kneeling beside him on the bed staring at him and sadly saying "Cheese...? Cheese...? Cheese...?" The poor kid hadn't eaten much from being sick and woke up starving.
No comments:
Post a Comment