So this week I had my first experience at the ICU. Nothing scary happened while I was there, which is a good thing. But one of the patients I was assigned to was on a ventilator and her brother decided to "pull the plug" so to speak. It was very emotional for him. She was still breathing when I left. I'm still not sure how I feel about the whole thing.
Also recently my mom's house burned down. Crazy sad. Her and her husband had built it from scratch with only the help of occaisional neighbors, friends and family. Here is the link. Everything they owned was basically in that house. Luckily they have some real nice friends and family in Idaho so they can stay in the area that they like.
Anyway, at least they made it out safely.
1 comment:
So sorry to hear about your mom's house! That is really, really, heartbreaking.
Post a Comment