Some milestones for Shady (of course a lot of this he picks up from his daycare situation, we sure lucked out with the Beauchamps!!!):
--He now folds his arms for prayers and says "amen" at the end.
--He loves to walk down stairs but recognizes that he still needs help, so he will request to "oh-ands...?" (hold hands).
--When he wants something sometimes he will say "tlease" (please) and rub his chest (please in sign language), or after prompting of "what do you say..."
--He can recognize Jesus and say His name. We have a picture of Jesus in a calendar of Him in the Garden of Gathsemane kneeling down in pain. Shade noticed Him, so we vaguely explained it to Shade that Jesus was sad. Now every time he sees the picture, he gets a sad look on his face and says "ee sad..." (he's sad).
--He learned to say "sorry" which he has used on both Kellen and I at different times when he was playing too rough and got us in the face, we said "ouch," then he gently patted our faces and said "sah-eey."
--He will say "less go" (let's go) and head for the door when he is ready to leave, even if we aren't :) In fact, Kellen took Shade to a church activity where they did a nature walk. Every time the guide stopped to talk about something, Shade kept saying "less go" and took off down the trail.
--He blows kisses and waves through the window.
--He attempts to count to both 3 and 5, although he doesn't actually say the numbers, he will use his fingers and say vowel sounds in the tone as if he were counting.
--He has had 4 molers since 12 months (2 on top, 2 on bottom). He is starting to get more coming in.
--He now says "bye bye" to just about anyone and anything, even animals, cars and when flushing the toilet.
--He will pick up anything in a rectangle shape, put it to his ear and say "low" (hello), pretending it is a phone. He gives kisses into the phone and says bye-bye.
--He has learned a lot from playing with the older kids at the Beauchamps - he now makes noises when he plays with toys, especially cars and animals.
--He also does actions to some songs - "head, shoulders, knees, toes," "itsy bitsy spider," and "pat-a-cake."
--He has started to wear my shoes around the house :)
--He still says "I luh yoo" -- and I love it!
NOW FOR EASTER
Easter was very nice. Very warm, sunny day with the added benefit of General Conference = more family time together :) This being said, Easter has to be one of my least favorite holidays, societally speaking. I mean, I get Santa and the presents thing tying into Christ. Sure. But a bunny hiding boiled eggs? I've read about the "origins" of this weird way to celebrate, but still feel it's a stretch. Plus, I don't care for leftover boiled eggs and I really dislike Easter candy. Jellybeans, puffed up sugar things, and everything covered in chocolate...no thanks. However, since this was Shade's first Easter that he could enjoy things, we decided to do an egg hunt anyhow (plastic eggs of course :P). So I stopped by the dollar store for some cheap eggs and something to fill them with - decided on sour gummy candies and laffy taffys - that's something I don't mind snacking on since I don't want Shade eating much of it anyway ;)
So, all we did was lay the eggs in a stretch of grass to the side of our apartment. No actual hiding of eggs. Shade found them all, with some coaxing when he decided he would rather eat what was inside than look for more. But it was sure cute and fun. That smile and the excitement must be what drives us to do these rather weird traditions for our kids, eh? Although I'm still not a big fan of propagating Santa...
No comments:
Post a Comment