Search This Blog

Thursday, December 23, 2010

GRADUATION!!!!!

So technically, I graduated on December 11th - the week before finals. Weird, I know. So, I didn't go. I thought it would be more productive for me to study (or spend time with my family) than to sit in a ceremony for a couple of hours, plus time spent travelling, parking, walking, etc. Maybe if this wasn't my second bachelor's it would mean more. Actually, who am I kidding? I didn't go to my first graduation either. Those things are soooo boring (and expensive). Besides, I got a group picture anyway:




Wow. I have been waiting for this for a little over 3 years - that's when I first found out about the program and signed up to do prerequisites (I did take a year off to have Shade and stayed home with him - one of the most awesome years of my life!). But it has been a very long haul. Accelerated programs are difficult - especially when you have other responsibilities. I was really hoping to be able to do this before we had any kids - but it is what it is.

Anyway. I have a million things to do these next couple of months before I get a job (most hospitals now require that you already have your license to even qualify for an interview, and for the graduate nursing positions [before you get a license], you either have to know the people hiring or already work for the hospital). But I am in no hurry. I neglected my family too long. I need some time to just rest and organize my stuff. But boy, I have never really appreciated a day home with my family like I do now. Really helps to put things into perspective!



Now, time to Recover.
The link is a good song for my current status :)

1 comment:

Tara G. said...

Congrats Kathy! I can't believe you're done but I'm sure you are more than ready. Good luck with everything.