7th Anniversary: We counted the Niagara trip as our anniversary, but now we have been officially married for 7 years. That went by SO fast! It is kind of weird having been married so long, but it has been a lot of fun so far. And of course after some of the things we have been through together, I realize more and more how perfect we are for each other. Kellen has been (and is) such an amazing husband and father - Shade & I are SO lucky to have him in our family!
Farmington Run for the Hills: So Kellen found another fun-run to sign us up for :) This time we didn't train for it as much as we had wanted (I think we both ran twice since the last run we did together - things have gotten kind of busy lately with me working now and Kellen staying kind of late at work), but it was still nice. I had the same running partner as the last race, so that made it nice (thanks again Meghan!). We beat our last time too! Although this time I got stuck pushing the jogging stroller because both Kellen's race (10k) and mine (5k) started at the same time with this run. We really need to get a new front tire for that thing - pushing Shade uphill with a flat tire isn't as fun as it sounds. Anyway, after the race they had some yummy Jet's pizza (the last thing I want to eat after I run), gatorade, fruit and bagels. It was fun.
Shade "excited" to go, Kellen crossing the finish line (ran out of space on my camera after that, so this is the best picture)
The runners! (Meghan, me, Kellen, Shade)
Picnic, Work, Moving: After the run we had a ward picnic at Mies park. They recently divided up a different ward and added it into 4 existing wards, so we picked up some more people. Shade had a ton of fun - there are a lot of kids around his age in this ward which is awesome. I ended up getting a migraine (probably from running), but other than that, it was nice to be able to spend the day with my family. I have worked the last few Saturdays, so I haven't been able to hang out with them as much as I used to. I am actually starting midnight shifts this next week... a bit nervous about that since I don't sleep well anyway. But I have to admit, aside from having to leave Shade, so far I have actually enjoyed going to work. I think I may have picked a good career for myself afterall :) Also, we are moving at the end of this month - just to another apartment in the same complex, but it will be a bit bigger. Shade will finally have his own room, and we will have plenty of room for all of you people who were trying to decide where to go on vacation...
Shade: Shade continues to amaze me and amuse me on a daily basis. He makes us both so happy - we are so grateful to have him in our little family. We finally found a cheap little bike on craigslist, and he has picked it up really well. He is struggling a bit with the concept of brakes, but he steers and pedals great. He has also recently been very interested in babies - he will take time to play with real babies, he has a baby doll that he got from his cousin that he will sometimes play with (although not quite like girls seem to do), he gushes anytime he sees a baby in a comercial/show, and recently for school time he has been asking to learn about babies. I have heard that kids tend to go through a baby phase, but I thought it was more a girl thing, or at least when there were plans to add a new baby to the family (which we currently aren't). Either way, it is pretty darn cute.
2 comments:
Maybe hanging out with Christian has also increased his interest in babies. He's always talking to him and telling me, "Christian is smiling at me!" or "Christian is tired." He gets super frustrated when C messes up something he's building, though, so maybe that will cure him of his baby-love before too long. :)
If you bring Shade out here he could learn all he wants to know about babies!
-Pam :)
Post a Comment