Search This Blog

Friday, January 24, 2014

DETROIT INTERNATIONAL AUTO SHOW

Kellen got a coupon from one of his coworkers for half off one of two tickets purchased at the car show, and he wasn't able to take time off, so he offered it to Shade and I. Then I found out Shade was free anyway, but I had already asked him if he wanted to go to the car show with me, so we decided to go on a day we had a bit more notice. We had a conference call with his teacher that day at 2pm, but she agreed to move it up a couple hours so we could have enough time to spend at the car show without being there all night (it is open until 10pm). We went, and had a great time. There was hardly anyone there, so we didn't have to wait in long lines or anything to see the cars we wanted to see. There were also a lot of driving video games with no lines, but I didn't want to go to the car show to play games, so I just didn't tell Shade he could play them :) But he got to sit in a lot of cool cars, and they had a little animal parade where Shade got a necklace and free t-shirt, so it was still cool. Olive and I got to sit in some of the cars too, but we didn't get pictures of that. Also, the picture of the engine is the one that Kellen had worked on while he was in product and development at Ford. And Olive actually slept most of the time. And of course I forgot the camera, so I took these with my down-graded phone (I had lost my nice phone awhile back). Shade tried taking a few pictures too. Afterward, we stopped by the Detroit River and looked across to Canada. It was a pretty fun day.

No comments: