


This year Valentine's Day was on a Saturday and I didn't have to work the night before! But we decided not to try and brave the crowds and celebrate at home.
The day before was of course a Friday, so it was Friday the 13th! We had decided that we would have a fun night with scary movies and popcorn, but Kellen ended up having to work late and help with the missionaries. I actually wanted to surprise Kellen a little bit since we had already planned out our VDay. So I woke up early Friday, went out and scraped his windows, warmed up his car and left him a little present in his seat. That night, before I knew he was going to be home late, I made a special salmon and potato dinner. Then the kids and I watched "Are You Afraid of the Dark" episodes and ate movie snacks until Kellen came home.
The next day we had pink pancakes with chocolate chips and bacon for breakfast. Then we gave each other some fun VDay gifts. Kellen got dark chocolate and fun clothing, the kids got some chocolates and a paper airplane making kit (kids just make holidays so much more fun to celebrate!), I also got some chocolate and a nice undershirt for cold weather. And of course Shade did his sweet thing where he got Olive and I balloons with his own money. Mine was a heart shaped one and Olive's was a frog shaped one that said "I love you!" He also made both Kellen and I paper valentines. He is such a sweetheart! We did decide to do a little clothes shopping at Old Navy for some half off sales they had. Then for dinner Kellen made us some delicious steaks (with peach teriyaki), prawns, and creamy tomato soup. It was soooo yummy - way better than what you could get at some crowded restaurant! And for desert, mini heart-shaped triple chocolate cakes with chocolate fudge frosting. But the best part of course was being able to spend the day with the people we love the most!!! I'm the luckiest wife/mother in the world!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment