Search This Blog

Friday, May 26, 2017

LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!

This year went by way too fast! Shade did GREAT with his grades again (all A's)! He is liking his new school Peeples Elementary, and has already made some good friends. So now he is done with 3rd grade and we will have a 4th Grader! We also got Olive registered for preschool - Starr's Mill Academy - across the street from Shade's school. It will be an all-day preschool (8:00-2:30), and I am sad to have her away from me for that long of time while she is this young, but she is so far advanced from Eli and Isaac, that she really needs attention in other areas, which is hard to give her with the other 2 boys always tagging along - but especially social skills. We have thought about it a lot, and we both feel that this will be a good thing for her. Plus, it isn't just a play-based preschool. They teach letters, phonics, writing, counting, adding, etc. So I don't think she will be completely bored. I am sure there are things she will learn that I haven't covered with her at home. But as an added benefit, as Olive and Eli clash quite a bit, this will give me some good one-on-one time with just the two younger boys. But until then, here's to summer vacation!!!

No comments: