Search This Blog

Saturday, March 6, 2010

SHADE 17 MONTH UPDATES

It has been awhile since we posted something new from Shade. I just like to include pictures when posting about Shade and that takes extra time.

Toilet training - no significant strides. He does follow us in the bathroom (the door does not shut tightly) and will sit on his toilet to mimic us. We usually sit him on there when we change his diaper or give him a bath/shower. But we find it is very hard to potty train a kid whom we only see a few hours a day (with weekends usually pretty hectic). So we hope he will just decide to do it one day on his own - like he did with walking, crawling, and talking.

Talking - he still doesn't speak grown-up, but he repeats words really well now. When he wants to look at the online alphabet, he will point to the computer and say "apple" (starfall.com, great site) which is the first picture shown on the alphabet page. He can repeat most of the letters, but gets really excited when it gets close to the letter 'o' - he will say it over and over in anticipation. He also knows when it is getting close to the letter 'z,' or the end of a book and he will say "ee en" for "the end."

Kellen and Shade play this little game where they sniff Shade's feet/socks and say "oh, stinky!" Shade will scrunch up his nose and say "tchee-tchee." He will also often pick up a piece of lint or something off the floor and bring it to us and say "tuh-tuh" for "kuh-kuh" (don't have any idea how to spell that). He can tell you where yours and his face/body parts are, and say them when he points, although only when he is in the mood to do so :)

He still loves dogs and will readily point out any dog he will see/hear anywhere. He has also gotten used to saying "bye-bye" without flinching and sometimes will say it if I go into the other room. The other day as Kellen was taking Shade out the door, he gave me kisses then said "I yuh yoo." I almost cried.

He still gives TONS of kisses. We kind of started a ritual since Kellen and I don't see him much, where we all get into our bed at night, say prayers, turn off the light, then give cuddles for about 5 minutes until Shade goes to his crib (which luckily he does without any problem). But during those cuddles, Shade will go back and forth between me and Kellen giving us a kiss and a hug saying "ahhhhhh," then switch. It is really cute and one of the things I look forward to the most.

He is such a happy baby! Sure, he still gets tired like all kids, and has his moments of determination to get his way, but he almost always wakes up happy and just LOVES to play. In fact, some of his sadder moments are when we try to take him away from his friends the Beauchamps when he is busy playing :)

He LOVES snow. I know I have said it before. But even when he is freaking out about something, you take him outside and he immediately stops crying, points and says "no-" (sniff, sniff). He hasn't quite gotten the 's' part down yet.

He loves being outside, rocks, dirt, sticks, mud, water, animals, etc, typical little boy.

I turned on the TV the other day to have some background noise while I was putting away laundry. There were a bunch of girl models and Shade walked up to the TV and started giving it kisses...hmm...we had better keep an eye on him :)

Shade helped me put the laundry away by putting all of Kellen's clothes in a basket. I think some of them actually stayed folded.

Shade now runs (pretty fast, especially when he doesn't want to go inside) and likes to walk down the stairs by himself - although he still falls a lot so we always have to be close by.

He LOVES to dance! He will start groovin' to just about anything (as you may have already witnessed at church).

When I can't get him to eat a cheese quesadilla, I can always rely on him eating broccoli!


RECENT PICTURES


He got a haircut awhile ago, didn't get around to posting about it, but he did really well. Kellen and I kind of teamed up to do it and it turned out somewhat choppy, but hey, it grows back!

Boys Being Silly


Messes are fun!


Mom's Boots...AND Hair!


At least he LIKES brushing teeth.


Stacking things is one of his favorite pasttimes.


Tissue?


New Hat and Dancing



Videos?

Stinky Feet!

Shade has started a new thing where he will stand by the window and yell at it. Perhaps he thinks he is talking to someone outside?

No comments: