This week was my Spring Break! Oh, how I LOVED not being in school!
The best part was: Shade got to stay home with me all week! (Well, it was the best part for me, I don't know about him...) I didn't get a whole lot of studying done, but it was definitely worth it. He has grown up so much these last couple of weeks. Perhaps it is because I suffer from Shade withdrawal, but I noticed every little "new" thing he did, and loved it. Kellen just happened to be out of town this week too - he went to Mexico for more training in the plant he helps do the finance stuff for, so I wrote him daily emails of the cute/fun things Shade did that Kellen missed out on :)
So I post those moments here now. I just copied and pasted - too much effort to really edit them.
TUESDAY:
So Shade came over and tried to put his shoes on my feet - they didn't get past my toes but he thought it was pretty funny.
When he woke up from his nap I couldn't get him to let go of his teddy without freakin' out so he could eat his lunch without getting bear in it. So we decided to put some of Shade's clothes on his bear. He thought that was hilarious.
There were 2 times when he would not eat any more, so I said "eat one more bite or you don't get _____" (whatever it was he wanted) - and he did it! I made sure to give him plenty of attention for doing what I asked him to do :)
Twice when I was sitting at the computer doing homework, he brought a book over to me to read to him.
I got him to sleep by 7:00! Unfortunately, I am so tired from this morning (I had to be to the airport so stankin' early, ya know), I am struggling to make the most of my "baby-free" time.
WEDNESDAY:
So today Shade was done eating again, and he had one bite left of food and I said "eat it" and he said "no" and arched his back away from me. So I said "if you eat it, I'll give you kisses..." Well, don't know if he understood me, but he ate it! And boy, did he get kisses!
Also, at one point he would not leave me alone so I put in that kids' songs CD that sings the alphabet and phonics (such as - 'what sound does a long 'a' make? -Ae -ae- ae- ae- ae-). He started dancing in circles and repeating the words in the songs.
Then, he had spit out his water all over the floor again so I gave him a towel and told him to clean it up, and he took it and started wiping up the water. It was pretty cute.
He is SOOO freakin' cute! I wish I could stay home with him every day - *sigh*
-------------------------
Shade and I went on a nature walk instead of running today. It was awesome and he LOVED it (way better than sitting in a stupid stroller). We just went around the complex area, but he chased every squirrel he saw up a tree, chased every duck he saw into the water or until they flew away, and picked up just about every stick. There is also a place where the grass is lined with rocks just a bit bigger than Shade - he walked over to three of them and tried to lift them up before he gave up - he was even grunting :) He also went up/down about every staircase we passed and at one point decided to crawl down the stairs - head first. Oh, and we saw a dead, rotting rat outside our apartment...so...yeah.
We miss you and wish you were here to share these awesome moments with us - and to do the dishes.
Oh yeah. I also layed down to take a quick nap today. Shade somehow got ahold of my soda, took a drink, and brought it over to me and dumped half of it on my pants/the couch. So, so much for that idea!
He then got mad at me for dumping a little bit of water on his head. The nerve.
-------------------------
Shade wanted to write you a letter:
; bgvccccvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvhiiiiiiiiiihyu hjbjh bguyyyy nn bb, m nnn bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbjj b bgvg gfvcvbnnhnbvbbvh
This is what he was thinking as he pounded ever so lightly on the keyboard:
I love you daddy! Come home so we can play outside and read a book! I miss your stinkies! Kisses!
When I told him to "give daddy kisses" he gave me two, so those are for you (he didn't have anything else to kiss).
-------------------------
Okay, so it took a little longer to get Shade to sleep tonight. He got too much sleep today - 2 naps and he slept 12 hours last night.
He really likes carrots again. Both yesterday and today we had carrots and broccoli and he ate both of them really well.
I slept really well last night, but I would still prefer to have you here. :)
Oh yeah. When we were on our walk today he heard/saw a plane in the sky, pointed and said 'jet.' He also now says 'miltch' when he wants milk.
Man, we sure got a good one. I sure love that kid.
Miss you!!
THURSDAY:
So this morning, shade has been very moody. I think he really misses his daddy.
But some cute things.
I was in the kitchen and he came in bringing the magnet letters one by one trying to tell me what they were, then sticking them on the fridge. He actually got some of them right, but still mixes a lot of them up. He got M, S, C, O, W (he thought it was an M), N, I, R, B.
All morning while he was playing, he would periodically stop what he was doing then come give me a hug and a kiss, then go back and start playing again. He is such a sweetheart!
I was moving the dead flowers we have in the kitchen, Shade saw them, pulled the stool up to the counter, climbed on it so he could see the flowers, then pointed and said "fla-er."
The small tan rug was by the door. Shade was trying to pick it up but was making sounds like it was really heavy. I looked around the corner - he was standing on the it, trying to lift it up. It sure was heavy :)
Anyway. Give us a note when you get the chance.
WE LOVE YOU!!!
This is from Shade:
b bvvbhiiiiiiiiiiiiiii nmi8bvi8888888i88ibl8i;; io,8n.o/l
This time he was saying "cheese" while he was typing. Then he blew 10 kisses in a row to the computer when I told him to give daddy kisses!
-------------------------
Shade was just now walking around the apartment in circles saying "Dada" over and over again. I bet he will be so excited to see you!
We went on another walk outside again. Shade enjoys it more, and it is a whole lot less effort than jogging. But as soon as you get back, we should start running together at night. I think with your support I would be a lot more motivated to actually do it.
Oh, so Shade also started doing this thing where he will bring me a book, point to a picture and say "what is 'at?" (for 'what is that').
Anyway, LOVE YOU!!
-------------------------
So more cute stuff:
So you know when Shade hits me sometimes when he's frustrated and I say "we don't hit, we kiss," then make him kiss me better. Well, I got mad at Shade a couple times when I was trying to fix something and he kept getting in the way. I yelled at him to move and ushered him out of the way - then he came right back and gave me kisses. That was weird. But he was still in the way. Then he made the situation worse, so I physically picked him up, voiced my displeasure, and set him down in another room. He came right back again, and gave me more kisses. How could I stay mad at that? It was almost as if he was saying "I'm sorry mom - I just want to play with you."
Also, along that same line, there were two times he picked up something and threw it at me - probably thought he was just playing - but they weren't soft. So after I told him it hurt, he came over and gave me kisses better.
He also found a new game, much to my dismay. I was vacuuming up a mess that had been made, and I heard him taking deep breaths. I turned around and saw that he was sitting in front of the vacuum where it shoots the dusty air out, and he was breathing it in - deeply. I moved the vacuum and he followed and sat in front of it again, and again, and again... Weird kid.
I forgot to add something:
Shade came over to me when I was in the kitchen, said "poo poo" and then started squeezin' it out. He said it before he started doing it. That is a good sign. Too bad I had my hands full. Now to just get him to want to do that in the potty instead of his pants...
Oh, and since on the subject, he also had green poo on St. Patty's. Quite appropriate :)
1 comment:
Shade is such a cutie pie! It is good that you were able to have the whole week to be home with him. No matter how crazy my kids drive me, I always miss them when I go to work! I bet it was hard for kellen to read all these letters while he was so far away. But that's ok, it's good to have to miss out on some things sometimes, it makes you appreciate what you have even more! I miss you guys so much! The kids love to watch the movies of their cousin. We're just waiting for you to move back to Utah!
Post a Comment