Search This Blog

Sunday, May 9, 2010

FIRST WEEK OF MAY

This week was AWESOME!!!
Not only did I get to spend the ENTIRE week with my baby boy, we also got to have lunch with Kellen twice.

I had a list of things I wanted to do this week, but I ended up opting out for sleeping - I took 2-3 hour naps each day with Shade - I can't believe how tired I am. That was seriously the hardest semester I have ever done in my many years of being a student - it really wiped me out. I was hoping for a little better, but I still managed 2 A- and a B+ (even though all of my grades were above 90%...dang grading scale).

Anyway. Also this week was Kellen's Birthday! He is officially as old as I am (for the next 4 months anyway). I know I generally look younger than Kellen, but this stress sure isn't helping any :P So for his birthday, we made him a special breakfast, then went out to lunch with him, then made him a special dinner (it is actually very difficult to get gifts for Kellen as he will usually just buy something he wants when he wants it, and he is very particular about the things he wants anyway). For gifts we got him some blue corn chips and salsa, Shade picked out some meat marinade, and we offered to go with him to let him pick out a new face hair trimmer.

Then it was Mother's Day on Sunday. They gave out Dove chocolates at church (perfect, by the way) and Shade made me a way cute hotpad with his hand print on it at Nursery. Kellen made me an awesome breakfast and dinner (with the special marinade Shade picked out for his b-day - jerk caribbean, yum!).

Other fun things with Shade:
--We fed the ducks at a pond by our house - he LOVED it!
--One day it rained a LOT. There was a giant puddle in our parking lot that took up 4 spaces. Strangely enough Kellen and I had just bought some rain boots for Shade at the store for $4 the day before, so Shade and I went out to play in the rain. It was a wee bit cold, but he LOVED it anyway! He even fell down twice and got completely wet, his shoes fell off and everything, but he didn't care. He got right back up and kept splashing.
--Shade actually started referring to us by name (Mama, Daddy) and calling us to come play with him. Whenever he was alone with one of us, he would ask, "Where Mama/Daddy?"
--One day I was cleaning with some music on. We started dancing. I went in the other room to clean and he stopped and said "Mama - dance!" and waited until I came back to dance before he would start dancing again :)
--One day he actually requested to call Kellen, and talked to Kellen on the phone.
--He actually started requesting to go sit on the potty, and actually peed in it once on his own (as mentioned before, he usually requests to sit on the potty after he had messed his diaper).
--Today Kellen noticed he had a voice mail right after he had talked to his brother on the phone. The message sounded like a little kid. The last person who had called him was - my phone. Shade had apparently gotten a hold of my phone and somehow called Kellen's phone and left him a message!
--Also today Shade made the moves on the ladies at church! During quiet time at Nursery, there was a little girl (Ava) who was resting quietly when Shade went over to her and patted her head and smooched her...

1 comment:

Carla Geddes said...

Sounds like you had a great week home. I can only imagine how hard it must be spending so little time with Shade while you are at school. I am sure he just LOVED having his mommy home with him doing all those fun things.
P.S congrats on such great scores at school. I'd say 2 A- and a B+ is worth celebrating. :D