Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

CONVERSATION

Shade is getting better and better at communicating, and I am getting better at knowing what he is talking about (like 'milt' for milk and using 'I' for I and I'm and me and my).

I had my first real conversation with Shade today that he initiated - where it wasn't me trying to get him to say or do/not do something. It was kind of cute.

Shade[looks at me with his head tilted down, a slight frown on his face]: I sad.

Me: You're sad? Why are you sad?

Shade[rubbing his eye with his finger]: I eye (my eye).

Me: What's wrong with your eye, baby boy?

Shade[looks at me]: A tiss (kiss)? [Points his eye toward me and waits for a kiss.]

Me [I kiss his eye].

Shade [happily walks off to play].

The End.

1 comment:

Carla Geddes said...

I love it. So sweet :P