Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Anniversary #6

Six years! Sweet. Of all our time together, I must admit that this last year has been by far the most difficult. Mostly because of my school stuff. Kellen has been amazing, though. He basically gets Shade ready and off in the morning, often picks Shade up in the evening, makes dinner, does all the shopping and bills and cleans the kitchen for us. And then there is his church calling on top of that (YM President with the 2-5 meetings and 1-5 activities each week). He really has stepped it up so that I can have the time I need to do my thing right now. I am so grateful and lucky to have him.

For our anniversary this year, we each picked a place to eat out at the week of since I was going to be gone for our anniversary (I know, good wife, right?). I picked Red Robin, he picked El Mariachi's. Then we planned that he would take a day off work after all his deadlines were pretty much done (by the time we got back) and we would go camping/canoeing. Well, we did go canoeing. It was awesome! I have never done that before, but always wanted too. We took Shade, and for the most part he liked it too, especially when we stopped and let him out of the canoe. Then on the way he fell asleep :) We wanted to go camping out there (near Proud Lake), but the closest camping area was charging $22 a night (to sleep on the ground?!) on top of the $6 entrance fee, and the place was packed and looked like a parking lot. So we decided to get some pizza and rent a movie and just go home. Oh well, maybe we will have better luck with camping next year...


At one point Shade finally got too tired and fell asleep sitting up in the canoe - Classic. The rest is just great scenery.

No comments: