So my last final was August 5th and Shade and I had plane tickets to fly out to Reno, Nevada the very next day. True, Kellen and my anniversary was on the 7th, but he was really busy with work during that time of the month anyway and it just worked out better for Shade and I to leave on the weekend. So Kellen and I did a few things before we left and planned a few things for afterward. More about that later.
So we started out flying into Reno. I have one sister who lives there with a son about 4 months younger than Shade and due to have her second in September. Her little family is so fun - and she is currently on a full-ride scholarship at University of Reno getting a degree in MATH! She's one of those freaky smart people. Her husband is getting a degree in Neuroscience with the ultimate goal of psychiatry.
We took an evening flight (figured it would be easier for Shade - and it definitely WAS), but we ended up getting in around 1 am Detroit time, and of course I can't sleep on planes... but other than that all was well.
After we had landed Shade was wide awake and afterward adjusted to Nevada time (3 hours earlier) perfectly fine. Then Shade got to meet his Olsen Grandparents (my mom and her husband) for the first time - he was a bit shy at first, but by the end was calling them grandma and grandpa...
Shade LOVED Aidyn (his cousin). He loves younger kids, although he still didn't quite understand the concept that all the new exciting toys were not his to do with whatever he pleased. Oh, and the most comfortable bed I had the whole trip was there - I started out on the couch but ended up on the baby matress they had laid out for Shade - man that thing was NICE!

Jacksons

Olsen Grandparents with all cousins


Cousin Aidyn

"Hugs"
No comments:
Post a Comment