Search This Blog

Friday, February 11, 2011

EARLY SPRING

I think the Groundhog made a good prediction this year. Even though the high yesterday was only 17 degrees, we have been hearing birds the last couple of days, and even saw some too. They must know something is up. So I checked the weather - by this time next week, we are supposed to be up to the 40s! I am sooooo excited to go outside to play again! (Maybe even more than Shade.)

On an even brighter note, potty training has once again become a positive focus. Awhile back we mentioned how Shade was interested in using the potty, but we were not able to be consistent with me being in school/breaks/daycare, etc, so we kind of missed the boat on that one. He lost interest and started to absolutely refuse to use the potty. Now that I have been home, I have tried a couple of things that didn't work too well, but then came up with a working game plan. Basically Shade runs around our house with only a shirt on. He had only a few accidents on the floor, but has since recognized when he needs to go - I haven't had to change a poopy diaper in a week! We have even started introducing pull-ups and getting him to let us know when he needs help pulling them down (they really aren't that easy for little hands). Of course we had to bribe him a little bit in the beginning - we have a chart with stickers that when he gets so many he gets a small prize/treat. But he is getting to the point that he is so proud of himself, that he doesn't really focus on the prizes as much. Now once his body figures out how to hold it on over night, we will be set :) Oh, and I hope me writing about this doesn't jinx us with another relapse...

1 comment:

Janica said...

Awsome! I have been having a hard time with Anela. She will sit on the potty, but wont go on it. I think if she actually went and I could show her what a big deal it is and how good she is, it would sink in. She actually sat on her little potty for a couple of minutes and then pooped on the floor right next to it!! Both of the others were this way too. Until right after they turned 3, all of the sudden they were potty trained so fast!