Search This Blog

Friday, February 18, 2011

WARM WEATHER

I realize this nicer weather is only passing through, but it has been a little bit of heaven. Shade and I have been loving it. On Wednesday we went for a walk to a local playground and had a small picnic. We got to see ducks (watching them walk on ice is quite entertaining), dogs, a "waterfall," airplanes, and bubbles from the melting snow. And even though a lot of the snow is melting, there was one part where I had to carry him because the snow went up to the top of my mid-calf boots. Fun stuff :)

Thursday we ran some errands - it was just nice to not have to worry about finding the closest parking spot because it was nice enough to walk :) Then when Kellen got home we all went for a family walk. Shade went crazy running almost the entire way (over a mile)until he fell on the icy snow and got hurt.

Today we went for a jog. Feels nice to be able to do that again, since we got rid of our treadmill and our leasing office treadmill isn't exactly convenient (that's the excuse I have gotten away with lately). It felt sooooo good to have the sun on my face again. I made it 3 miles, although the last part was pretty rough for me. It was very windy and on the way back I was running uphill and against the wind. It felt like I was running in sand, not to mention the front tire of our jogging stroller is completely flat. But its good for training :) Kellen signed us up for that "awesome" 5K again this year...

Pictures from our adventures:



Biggest Fort EVER (when it was still too cold outside)


New Blocks from Grandma (Nikolaus)

1 comment:

Janica said...

That looks like a lot of fun. We have been enjoying pretty good weather here too for a while, but the bad stuff just got blown back in. Wednesday it snowed, and then yesterday and today were pretty nice again. I hear it is supposed to snow again tomorrow, (just in time for my 15 hour shift!) I can't wait til spring!
I love the new picture and title! :)