Saturday we started out with a family run. It was actually very hot & muggy that morning. We took a slightly different path that has more shade (everyone loves Shade!). But at one point the sidewalk was only single-file. Kellen pushes the stroller when we run together, so I tried to go in front of the stroller and caught my foot on the tire - and down I went. Luckily, I didn't twist or break anything.
After we took some time to recover, we went to the splash park (Heritage) - and Shade loved it.
Sunday we got to go to church, etc. Both Kellen and I really enjoy our callings. Kellen is Young Men's President - and gets to go to all their activities and scout campouts. I am in the Primary - 6-8yrs old. I have been in that calling for 4 years now (1 in SLC, 3 here with 1 year in Young Women's in between). But I really enjoy it. Not only do I seem to always have awesome kids in that class, but I like teaching basic doctrine for that age group. It not only helps reinforce my own testimony, but that's around the age when they start really understanding the bigger concepts. It is a lot of fun.
Then Monday we got to go to a water park (Red Oaks Waterpark), thanks to Groupon. It was nice and warm that day (high 80s, low 90s), yet most of the water was a bit chilly, especially with the wind. The water finally warmed up quite a bit (and gotten pretty crowded) by the time we were leaving. But it was a ton of fun. There was a wave pool, lazy river, kid area with slides and stuff, and of course some big slides for the bigger kids/adults. Then we went home for a short nap and to change, and went to a barbecue (thanks Daltons!) with more water fun. Shade was in heaven all day :) By the evening, though, he was pretty spent. So we skipped the fireworks. Perhaps I have been spoiled my whole life - my great-grandma's house was across the street from where they did the fireworks in St. George, and the added echoes from the mountains made the whole thing loud enough you could almost feel it. It was always awesome. I do like it out here when they do a show over a lake. Anyway, we are soooo grateful to live in the awesome country we live in and to have the daily freedoms that we enjoy!
2 comments:
Sounds like a lot of fun. That splash park looks so fun! I wish we had one of those here. The closest we have is a really small one next to the public pool, inside the gate. So you have to pay to get into the pool to get to the splash pad.
I miss you guys so much, and wish you could be here on Saturday! Hopefully we will be able to come out there soon, but we have so much going on in the next couple months, it's too hard to plan anything.
Looks way fun!! I fell on a run a couple weeks ago too :( gotta hate that... my palms and knees were pretty scraped to pieces too! Hope your first day of work was great!!
Post a Comment