Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

3 YEARS OLD!!!

October came too fast. It is probably one of my favorite months (besides September) because we usually maintain decent weather most of the month, and that is when the leaves start really changing colors. I don't think I will ever stop being amazed by the colors of the trees out here - from the brightest yellow to deep oranges, reds and purples. Awesome. So here is a little up to date from the last post.

(Shade saw me writing this and wanted to help, so he picked out the rest of the colors for this post.)

Shade's Preschool: He is in preschool now - he loves it! He only goes 2 days/week, but his birthday actually fell on a day he went to preschool. We volunteered to bring the snack for that day, Shade got to pick it out - doughnut holes & cookies - he was so excited to share them with his new friends. I got to stay for the first little bit. They made him a special birthday crown that he got to put stickers on it and wear it, then the class sang to him and they got to blow out the fake candles on the fake cake which "blew" the teacher over. It was cute. When asked how old he was, he said proudly "I'm free!"



Shade's Birthday: He was really excited about it this year - he is a lot more aware of what a birthday is now, especially since Kellen and I had one a short time ago. We asked him what he wanted for his birthday and he said "tate" (cake). He then said he wanted to have cake at the park with his friends. So we decided to put together a small party for him. It was simple, but still a lot of fun. We did the same basic thing as last year (because lets face it, I'm not that creative, especially when I am busy/tired). So he got to have a juggler, pinata, and a brownie cake from Awrys (that bakery is AWESOME-and cheap). We also added water balloons since Shade found some in the bathroom we hadn't used and said he wanted to play with them at the park too. It's hard to say no to your only child :) But the party turned out great. Shade's closest friends came (except the ones who were sick) which helps make up for the fact that we don't have any family out here. Thank you!! We did presents at home. His biggest things were a remote control car (although I tend to believe it was more for Kellen than Shade), a rug with streets on it to play his cars on, more cars, a "laptop" from his cousins, and more building blocks (thanks, Kell). Shade did very well reacting to the presents the way he was supposed to :) He is such a good kid!


Juggling


Water Balloons


Pinata


Presents

3-Year Stats:
39", Around 40lbs

Favorite color: Changes from day to day, but most often red
Favorite song: I like to move it move it (click to listen)
Favorite food: Still milk, anything candy (mostly chocolate), eggs, fruit
Favorite toy: CARS/trains
Favorite thing to do: Play with cars/trains, alphabet (starfall), dance, help mommy & daddy :)
Favorite thing to say: "Just three more ______ because I'm three."
Favorite movie: Still Cars

More Shade stuff:


Shade's Creations - he likes to build buildings and roads for his cars


Silly Stuff (big grapes, smelling the cereal), My 3-yr old Baby

No comments: