So on my actual birthday, I was home alone, sick (pregnant), and I had to work that night. Kellen and Shade were still stuck in the airport in Mexico. But the fact that I was even home was a huge present for me. There was one open seat on the last flight out of Cancun - and most likely there were people on the standby list in front of me, but I made it on. Kellen didn't even hesitate to offer the seat to me, and of course I took it (although reluctantly) because I knew I couldn't stay in the airport another day in my condition (I didn't have any medication and was having a hard time keeping food down), and I was supposed to work the next two nights (Kellen didn't have to work until Tuesday).
Kellen and Shade finally made it home Monday afternoon, then Kellen had to go to work the next day and was there late every night that week. And I was supposed to work again the next weekend. So we weren't going to have much time together. But then my boss switched my schedule up some and I ended up having Friday night off (and ended up getting cancelled Saturday night - but worked Sunday night), so we ended up having some time together afterall. And that is when Kellen and Shade surprised me with a sweet birthday celebration.
They made me a good breakfast and then popped out some presents I didn't even know they had bought. Shade was really excited to give me his presents :) He got me some pink flowers (he loves to give me flowers) and a balloon. Kellen said when he picked out the balloon, he was definitely thinking about me because he passed on the Spiderman and Spongebob and got me a pink Princess balloon :) The lady getting the balloon even asked him if he was sure that was the balloon he wanted, but Shade had his reasons in mind. He also picked me out a really pretty glass cup with fall leaves on it. Kellen got me something I have been hesitant to ask for but eager to try out for awhile now - a sewing machine! I wanted to make sure I had the time and energy to use it before I asked for one, but now I am part-time, and it will give me something to focus on while I am sick. And then, they made me muffins and put candles on them :)
Anyway, I told Kellen that Mexico was a good enough present for me, getting to spend all that time with my family, but he still gave me a special day. My family is the best!
No comments:
Post a Comment