I finally got around to getting my ACLS and EKG interpretation (heart rhythms). Then I waited patiently until a job posting appeared for a contingent (as needed) position that worked for me. I wanted something that I had control over my schedule (not them sticking me into slots that they needed filled), that I wasn't required to work too many hours per month (in the case that I wanted to have another baby, go on vacations, etc). So I eventually found one, applied, interviewed, and got a call back the same day and got the job. Oakwood Central Staffing: 48 hours/month required (although I can work up to 40 hours/week), and I have complete say over what days I work.
On another note, I also applied to Beaumont Hospital for a similar position, and ended up getting that job also, but it didn't pay nearly as well and would have required me to do a full week of orientation when I didn't have many babysitting options and I was pregnant/sick at the time as well. So I ended up turning that one down. Interestingly enough, though, Beaumont and Oakwood and Botsford Hospitals have all joined forces into one healthcare system now: Beaumont Health System. Beaumont is 10-15 minutes closer to my house, but payed $6-8 less per hour. And since I was hoping to not have to work too much while being pregnant/sick, I appreciate the money more than the less time I would spend sitting in a car. Hopefully, all goes well!

No comments:
Post a Comment