Search This Blog

Sunday, February 14, 2016

VALENTINE'S DAY

For Valentine's Day this year, it fell on a Sunday, so we did some fun things on Saturday. Kellen and I first hit a temple session Saturday morning (thank you Romero's). Then we had a quick, child-free lunch at a decent Mexican place on the way home. It was so nice not having to worry about the kids, we were finished eating in about 15 minutes! Can't remember the last time that has happened! That night, I got an unexpected dose of energy, so I cleaned the front of the house and set things up for a fun V-Day breakfast.

The next morning we had crepes for breakfast, gave a few VDay things to each other, and then went to church. Afterward, Kellen made us some yummy steak, shrimp and potatoes for lunch.

Then we played Phase 10 while Eli slept and Olive did "Alphabet" on the computer (she figured out how to use the mouse recently, at 2 years old, just like Shade, so she can do things on her own without having to compete for my attention with Eli!). That evening, Colby and Derek drove down to pick up our 3 kids and keep them for a couple of nights, which was AWESOME! Kellen and I had a stress-free dinner, we watched a movie without interruptions, when we put something away it stayed there, and we both got to sleep in the next day!

On Monday, we also had lunch together - again, without kids. And I was finally able to get all my paperwork and fees taken care of to apply for a Georgia RN license. And again, we had a stress-free evening together. It was very nice. Then on Tuesday, Kellen actually woke up sick, but I was still able to cross things off my to-do list, like 2 doctor's appointments. That night we drove out to pick up our kids. They were so happy to see us! And of course we missed them like crazy, but it is so nice to not have to constantly be worrying about them. Other than the occasional temple trip, this was the first time we had daycare for our kids in a long time. We sure need to get a babysitter more often...! Although now it will be more difficult with another little baby...!

No comments: