Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

UTAH - 4TH OF JULY

When I was a kid, they would always do the St. George fireworks at the Dixie Sunbowl - and my great grandma lived across the street - it was the best seats in town! I remember the fireworks were so loud (especially from echoing off the surrounding mountains) that I could feel the explosions! I was so excited to let my kids have this experience... but... unfortunately, this year they decided to do it from the Dixie State University stadium instead :( We still got decent seats (a parking lot down the street), but it wasn't as powerful. Oh, well. It probably would have gone badly for my tiny babies anyway!

Before the fireworks, the rec center was open and free to the public. The kids got to play blocks, Foosball, basketball, light games, and make some patriotic fans.

Setting up, playing around, fireworks!

No comments: