Search This Blog

Saturday, July 24, 2010

BELLE ISLE

So lately school has gotten a bit easier, as the end of the semester winds down and all of my assignments have pretty much been finished (all with great scores I might add :)).

So, I have been keeping Shade home with me on the days I don't have school so I get to spoil myself with him while I can (next semester is supposedly the hardest one yet...).

Last week I actually had to go downtown on my day off to get caught up on vaccinations for the next semester, so Shade & I decided to spend some time at Belle Isle while we were in the area. We packed a lunch, a stroller and some water. It was awesome! Shade loved playing in the water, especially throwing rocks into it (I think he could have done that all day if I would have let him). He got to see a lot of ducks, geese, birds, lily pads, flowers and big cargo ships going down the river. We also walked to the end of one of the fishing piers where there was an older man who caught a fish just as we walked by and let Shade look at it - he put it on the ground for a few seconds and let it flop around before he threw it back into the river. We also went into the "petting zoo" area but decided to stay inside and enjoy the air conditioning. But he still got to see lots of different kinds/sizes of turtles, fish, spiders, snakes, bees, and squirrels.



Detroit Skyline

Watching the Ship in front of Canada

Lily Pads & Ducks/Geese Families

Fishing Pier

Belle Isle Coastline

Throwing Rocks

Swimming Turtle

No comments: