Search This Blog

Saturday, July 24, 2010

IT'S NOT KELLEN, IT'S DADDY!

Shade has always been interested in wearing our shoes around the house (and anyone else's he can find). But lately he has found some other items of interest to wear around the house.


Daddy's Swimsuit

Daddy's Shirt

Also, when Kellen says something silly I will usually say "Kellen!" in a playful manner. Well, Shade started picking up on that and sometimes will call Kellen - "Tellen." Then when Kellen tells Shade - "It's not Kellen, it's Daddy!" Shade will keep saying "Tellen" with a devious smile on his face. He has kind of gotten that my name is Kathy and will try to say it sometimes ("Taffy"), but he doesn't call me by my name like he does with Kellen.

Shade is in the copy-everything-you-say stage. This can be real cute, but it is hard to get any new information out of him :) Today we were saying a prayer and Shade repeated everything Kellen said. And when I pick him up from daycare and ask how his day went it often goes like this:

Me: Did you have fun today?

Shade: I have fun today.

Me: What did you do?

Shade: (Silence)

Me: Did you play with Abby?

Shade: I play with Abby.

Me: Did you play outside?

Shade: I play outside.

Me: Did you like it?

Shade: I like it.

And so on...

No comments: