Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Carson City

We only spent one night in Reno, then we went on to Carson City where another sister lives with her husband and 3 boys, ages 8 (Mataello), 5 (Marcos) and 3 (Caydent). Even though Caydent is a bit older than Shade, they still managed to play well together. And of course since Marcos is such a baby-lover, Shade got lots of attention from him as well.

Cotas


While in Carson, we took several trips up to Lake Tahoe - it's only about 30 minutes away from my sister's house. It was very beautiful. I have never been there before, but was quite impressed, even though it was a bit cooler in temperature than I had expected. My dad and his wife and my three youngest brothers joined us from Ely, Nevada that night. Grandpa and Grandma #2!

Roundy Grandparents


Lake Tahoe


The first day we hiked up to some beautiful waterfalls then stopped by some natural warm springs (and I got to take a motorcycle ride through the mountains - it was awesome).

Hike


The second day we helped haul a huge TV to my brother's new house - he has an adorable daughter about 4 months older than Shade and they are due to have their 2nd later this year.

Oldest Brother & Family

(Cousin Sam)

The third day we went to a beach and played in the sand and cold water, then we went to a theater play on the beach (The Complete Works of Shakespeare, Abridged Version).

Play at the Lake


The fourth day went to a really nice park and played there for several hours.

Park


Siblings


Jenny & Ashton


Cousins


And of course Shade loved to sit on the Motorcycles


The fifth day all the Ely-ans and Shade and I headed back to Ely (5 hour drive) in preparation to get to Utah the next day.

1 comment:

Cristi said...

Mataello's actually 9...but close enough! :) It was so fun to have you out here! I wish we could have gone tubing down the river out of Lake Tahoe and gone ATV riding on the fun hills around here, though I suppose we should save some for next visit. Thanks for visiting!