Search This Blog

Saturday, March 5, 2011

LATE WINTER :(

So much for that early spring. We can't seem to get out of the 30s for more than a day at a time! I am soooooo ready for it to be warm again!

So not much new, since we have been spending most of our time indoors.

But Shade does have his first "girlfriend" :) We have been having one of his friends over a bit lately. This last week he gave her a big hug and a kiss and told her he loved her. It was cute, but perhaps a bit much from a 2yr old (not to mention it looked like it kind of weirded her out). I talked about it with him about the different ways we can show family and friends we care - wouldn't want a bunch of parents getting upset at him kissing all his friends at school :) I just think that he is a very affectionate kid (from an affectionate family), and he really has had more than one family this last year or so, so he has learned to love his friends as if they were family. He really does have a big heart.

Also, he said some cute things this last week:

Kellen was using the bathroom, the bathroom door doesn't shut tight. Shade walked in and said, "Good job!"

Kellen was helping Shade put on his pajamas and Shade was acting silly. Kellen asked, "Are you crazy?" Shade replied completely serious, "Um...maybe a little bit."

I made lunch and told him to put his toy away so we could eat. He said, "In a minute. I'm busy."

And a side note: Shade has finally started waking up with a dry diaper! Not every time, but he is getting there. Almost seems like a waste to throw those away :) He has also been doing a real good job at telling us when he needs to use the potty even when he is wearing a diaper or pull-up (when he wakes up, after we put one on him for naptime/bed, etc). He would usually just go in his diaper/pull-up if he were wearing one (hence the recent nakedness in our house). In fact, today was the first time we were at the store and he told us he needed to use the potty, even though he had a pull-up on! We have also been getting some use out of his big-boy underwear this last week - he was very reluctant to wear those at first. Hopefully this is going in the right direction. I would like for him to be able to use the potty on his own before I start working again. Here's hoping :)

1 comment:

Kirah and Jeremy said...

That is so awsome! He is doing better than Anela, she loves to sit on the potty, but just wont do anything on it! Once she even got off the potty to poop on the floor right next to it!!
Shade is so cute! I hope we get to see you soon!