

Riding the Train


Still chasing peacocks


(He gets the peacock fascination from his daddy... :) )
Fun animals:


Tree Kangaroo, Polar Bear


Hippo


Anteater, Flamingos



Water Tunnel Fun with Seals (perhaps the polar bears were not into swimming at night).
Other zoo fun





So for Memorial Day this year, we went to the ward picnic. It was very nice. But since it had rained for a couple weeks before that day, the park was covered with huge puddles - which Shade had a natural attraction to and spent half the time splashing around in(mostly by himself, since most of the other kids weren't crazy enough to get wet and gross). Kellen also got to play baseball, which was cool to watch. But of course the only picture we got of Shade was him trying to play lasso golf (ladder ball) with the older kids.

And then of course the day wore the men out.

Also, I am sort of doing an indoor garden again this year. I can't help it. I love the end result of gardening, it can be quite rewarding. I tried to keep it a bit more simple this time though :) Small tomatoes/peppers, cilantro, garlic and spinach. I did try some other herbs (basil, chives, oregano), small onions and a strawberry plant (which sprouted just fine). But unfortunately, since it rained for sooooooo long without much sunshine in between, those plants didn't last very long. Oh well. I still think it is a lot of fun.

Fresh spinach - leaves grow as big as my (small) hand, and it is so crispy - also a year-long plant. Just snip the big leaves and the small ones keep growing. Gotta love it.
And to end, Shade picked out his outfit the other day and this is what happened:


Strangely enough, it did match :)
2 comments:
Shade is such a cutie pie! I miss all of you guys. I will definately try to make it out there this year. (I know I say that almost every year!)
That is so cool that you got to go to the zoo and do all the fun stuff for free. I found out last year that early morning is the best time to go, that's when all the animals are up and active. We saw the baby elephant here running and kicking her ball when we went in the morning. But anytime is good when it's free!
Love the garden, love the pictures, love you guys!
Hey, Aidyn has the same boots. He loves them! His Grandma works at Amazon and after packing them all day she wanted to send some to Aidyn for Christmas. Where did you guys get them?
Aidyn tries to dress himself too but a lot of times he puts on AJ's clothes, and they actually fit him, they're just a little short like capris.
-The Jacksos
Post a Comment