Search This Blog

Monday, November 26, 2012

THANKSGIVING

This year I got to work for Thanksgiving. Yay... But holiday pay makes it worth it, and we can just eat a special dinner a different day of the week. But then, of course, I just happened to get laryngitis the two days I worked. I was able to get through my first shift - although it was a bit awkward having to whisper to the patients what I was about to give them or do for them. But the second night I got cancelled for the first 4 hours (I suppose not a lot of people check themselves into the hospital on holidays, so our census was pretty low). I was supposed to go in for the next 8 hours, but I called the supervisor and she gave me a break since I couldn't really talk. So I ended up getting cancelled for the next 8 hours. Kellen and Shade had gotten invited to a friend's house for dinner at 3pm (thank you!!), but I was sleeping and didn't know I was going to get cancelled until 5:30 (plus I was sick anyway). But at least I got a decent night's sleep that night and was able to spend all day Friday with my family.

Some decorations we got to make - the pine cone turkeys were actually Shade's idea completely on his own. We were walking back from a park one day and Shade said - we could make a turkey out of these (as he picked up a pine cone). Very cute :) And the potato hat was what he made at school... (?!?)



So the 3 of us ended up sleeping in Friday morning. Then we relaxed the first part of the day, then went up to Frankenmuth and Birch Run in the afternoon. I'm glad we waited to go up there. The "Black Friday" traffic and shoppers were not crazy by this point, and we still ended up finding some good deals. I'm not much of a Black Friday type of person, but I finally got some maternity scrubs and found a $100 pair of shoes for $10. So I was happy. Kellen got some stuff for work too, and we got some cheap snow clothes for Shade. Then, we drove over to Bronner's - "the largest Christmas store in the world..." and Shade absolutely loved it! He had so much fun looking at all the crazy ornaments and lights and life-sized Christmas dolls and miniature displays. It was awesome!





We finally got a chance to do our own little family Thanksgiving dinner Saturday night. We also got a surprise - my family in Nevada was having a Thanksgiving dinner that same day around the same time, so we got to skype with them. It was great to see everyone there - including Pam's new baby boy, my dad, and my Grandma Davis. It was a great holiday!

No comments: