Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

GERMAN PICNIC

The day my mom left she got to have a nice layover in Salt Lake (for 10 hours or something) and got to visit with my sister Teresa and her daughter Lily. I'm glad they got to spend some time together too.


That afternoon Kellen had a work picnic at German Park near Ann Arbor. The food was good, they had live music and some traditional Belgian dancing, and some fun things for the kids (bouncy houses and slide, face painting, a sandbox and balloon animals). Shade loved the slide and spent most of the time on that. He refused to get his face or body painted, but chose a sword balloon instead of an animal. And the park itself was gorgeous. It was fenced off (I guess they usually have parties there with German beer and need to control who has access), but it was literally in the middle of a forest. Ann Arbor is one place I didn't get time to take my mom to but would have loved to. That and the Detroit Temple. Those areas are gorgeous!


A couple pics from that day:


I didn't take these pics, but this is exactly what it was!


Me and my baby girl!


And a picture of the boys just to even it out (Longacre Elementary).

No comments: