I had an ultrasound this week - for growth. They wanted to measure the baby and make sure there was enough amniotic fluid, etc. The results: he is already measuring 7 lbs (39 weeks)! But since there is still "plenty of fluid," they still refuse to change the due date. I actually have mild hydramnios, which is too much fluid (like I needed another thing to make me uncomfortable). So the earliest I can schedule a C-section (because of the holidays) is December 30th... 2 days before the original due date of January 1st. Which means this baby will likely be over 10 lbs. Shade and Olive were induced much earlier than the original due date, and they both still weighed almost 10 lbs. I only hope that this baby is not gaining more than half a pound per week at this point. I really don't want to have a 12 lb baby. I can see my surgical scar ending up being from hip to hip...
But at least he still appears to be perfectly healthy!
No comments:
Post a Comment