Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

6 WEEK UPDATE

OUR FIRST ANNIVERSARY

So this weekend marked Shade's and my 6 week mark. Wow, these weeks have gone by amazingly fast. I already feel almost as if he's growing too fast and will be a teenager too soon :) But it is nice to be able to lift things and exercise again. I got on the treadmill for the first time on Saturday and did crunches for the first time last night. It's weird to say that I took being able to exercise for granted as I have such a hard time wanting to do it when I can. It is amazing how many things you use your stomach muscles for. If you tried to go a day without using your abs, I think you would be very surprised...standing up, sitting down, even pouring a glass of milk, etc.

NO MORE INTERNET

We don't have the internet at our house anymore so our posts on here will be somewhat sporadic as we have to go to the library now. It was costing too much and we decided we needed to cut back unecessary expenses to help pay for my schooling next year. We are so lucky that we had health insurance, we get copies of the bills our insurance pays and so far it has totalled over $17,000 and that doesn't include my medications and the doctor's visits.

SHADE'S ACCOMPLISHMENTS

So Shade has been learning quickly. It was neat to see how he started to actually notice my face and look into my eyes. He got his belly button his second week. He started actually smiling on November 4th (1 month) and has since discovered his tongue. The combination of the two is adorable. I will post some pictures once I figure out how to on these library computers. He is a bit colicky during the day, but sleeps pretty well at night. Last night he gave me a 4 hour nap in between feedings :) I hope that becomes a regular thing. He has already gained 2 pounds (making him 12 pounds at 6 weeks) and must be going through a growth spurt as he is eating about every hour to hour and a half as compared to every 2-3 hours. He is ranked in the upper 90% for his weight at his age. Yeah, he's our little fatty :)

No comments: