So the questions inevitably come up...
If I knew this pregnancy would have been this tough, would I have done it?
Would I want another child if I have to go through this again?
Chances are very high that my next pregnancy will be very similar to my first one (long-lasting/extreme morning sickness, gestational diabetes, c-section). And the saying that women forget all the pain and misery is highly unlikely.
So...is it worth it?
Upon thinking about it, I realized something. I don't think I'll ever forget what I went through to have a child, and I hope I never do. It makes him that much more precious to me. But also, what I went through was only temporary misery for something that is eternal. That is what makes it all worth it. That is what makes us "forget" and do it all over again...not that I am going for a baker's dozen or anything... :)
1 comment:
You hit the nail right on the head. You never forget what it's like being pregnant (and I hear that some people actually like being pregnant!) but what you get in the end is so worth it! Of course not a whole lot of people have pregnancy quite like yours!
Post a Comment