So I managed a 10 lb baby without stretch marks. My secret? A very concentrated Vitamin E lotion I found at the local grocery store (Meijer).
I once had a biking accident when I was younger. I was going down a dirt hill that had 3 bumps in it. On the second bump, I got bumped off the seat and my right leg got caught in the front tire. If that wasn't bad enough, the bike kept going down the hill with me attached to it. I made it to the bottom of the hill before the bike finally decided to tip over. The tire scrapped off the back of my knee. It was pretty hard to ride home, and I remember the grey flies were loving my exposed flesh. Anyway, my grandpa gave me a bunch of Vitamin E capsules to put on my sore. I never got a scar.
The capsules are pretty gooey, so it would seem strange to rub that on your belly under your clothes. But they managed to put that gooey in the form of a lotion. I rubbed it on my belly once or twice per day, and it worked great (especially since genetically speaking - thin skin - I am very prone to stretch marks). That lotion that is actually made for stretch marks, doesn't work nearly as well, smells very strongly (bad for being pregnant), and is more expensive. The Vitamin E lotion is also great for the wrinkles on the face...
2 comments:
Thanks for the tip, Kathy. I got some pretty bad stretch marks with Maya - of course it was after using that pregnancy cocoa butter stuff. Obviously it didn't do anything so I'll have to pick up some Vitamin E lotion.
What I want to know is how you are so skinny? I AM a stretch mark, (they are not just on my belly, and they are VERY deep so that it feels like tire treads when you run your finger across them) and my tummy looks like a raisin from being so stretched out. And my babies were only eight lbs! I think you still need to consider genetics as a factor.........I told Kellen already, but we think October 4th is a great birthday too. Our baby girl turned 1 on Shade's B-day. I wish you all the best with your recovery, and with your dad. Thank the Lord for worthy priesthood bearers.
Post a Comment