Search This Blog

Sunday, January 2, 2011

CHRISTMAS 2010

I must say, the week before Christmas went deliciously slow - I absolutely loved it. I was a bit anxious for Christmas because it meant Kellen would be home, I would be home with no homework to worry about, and we had gotten some things for Shade we knew he would love and were real excited about it.

But Christmas this year was AWESOME!! We watched a birth of Christ video with Shade the night before so he could visualize what we were talking about when we said it was a time to remember Jesus. But other than that, it was all family time for us.

First we got up, then I was mean and made us have breakfast before presents. I figured it would be more difficult to get the boys away from their toys than it would be for them to have to wait a little bit longer and eat first :)



Shade got some awesome presents this year - mostly a ton of Cars stuff (from the movie), which is his favorite show (I realize it is a long movie for a 2 year old, but sometimes that was the only way I was able to get much studying done while I was home with him, plus we only have 2 movies for him to choose from). So he loves toy cars - and Lightning McQueen happens to be his favorite. He got some Cars pajamas, books, bubble bath (that doubles as a giant Lightning McQueen car to play with), and an awesome Hotwheels playset to play with all his little cars on (Black Friday deal!). He also got some awesome gifts from other people, but it would take a whole page to list them all - he is a spoiled little boy alright!

Then for the parents, Kellen got us some snow pants - awesome! Especially since Shade absolutely loves the snow, and we hate being cold! Then Kellen got some new speakers for our computer since we rarely use our TV anymore, and I got a lot of new knee high socks (just what I needed!) and a pocket-sized camera - perfect for our small adventures. Oh, and in our stockings we finally got some battery powered toothbrushes. We always thought we would get some someday when we had a lot of money...then we found some at Kroger for under $10 each, with new heads under $5 each. Since pregnancy ruined my gumline, I figured it was a good investment.

After presents, we spent time just playing together, then we all layed down and took a long nap after reading one of Shade's new books. It was a perfect day!



Then we packed up and headed out for Chicago...

1 comment:

Janica said...

Cute. I showed Anela the pictures and asked her if she knew who they were. She knew Shady and "Kaffy" but when she saw Kellen she said "That's daddy, and he's white" hahaha I told her that it's Shady's daddy uncle Kellen, but she didn't beleive me!