Shade is a real hoot, he is so much fun - I LOVE being home with him right now!
Now that he is so verbal, he surprises me sometimes with some of the things he says, didn't realize he learned it (he's still only 27 months), because he didn't learn it from me...
We were driving with cousins in the car. They were singing "The wheels on the bus" and adding more and more verses - coming up with silly things. They ran out of ideas and decided to sing in a different language (one that they made up along the way) and Shade said "No...that doesn't make sense guys..."
I was cleaning the bathroom and Shade came in and asked, "What are you doing Mommy?"
He was giving me a hug the other day and said "this is my mommy."
We went to visit Kellen at work awhile back, we had lunch in the cafeteria with him. A lady was working on a computer while we were there, he looked at her and asked "she checking email?" He will sometimes go up to the computer and move the mouse to turn it on (we usually keep it in sleep mode) and say "I want to check my email." Usually when I use the computer I say - I need to do my homework.
And sometimes he will just say silly things out of the blue. Often times we will be doing something completely unrelated and he will just chime in "I have brown eyes" or "I have feet" or ask a question "you have teeth mommy?" or "you have Lightning McQueen (blue) eyes?"
Sometimes he will be crying, then he'll stop himself and say with tears still in his eyes - "I'm happy." If only I could change my bad moods that easily :)
Shade picked up a movie in the $5 bin at Walmart - Harold & Kumar or something - and said "this is dumb" and put it back.
He had a serious look on his face and told Kellen "I go poo poo. It's cucka. Don't eat it."
He was lying in the bed between Kellen and I giving out plenty of hugs, kisses and cuddles. Then he said "I love you guys."
"I'm not a baby, I'm Shade."
While dancing to music (he will dance to anything that has a rhythm to it), he will sometimes say "come dance on the floor, mommy!" Then awhile later, "Okay, now eat/play (or whatever we were doing before)."
We went sledding and on the way home he said "that was amazing!"
Other cute things:
We would sometimes sing his favorite songs and change the words just for fun (how many times can you sing the ABC's in one day without going crazy?). He picked up on that and is getting pretty good at improv - "Twinkle, twinkle little chair, how I wonder what your hat..."
"I'm gonna eat you!" - followed by a pretend eating of the face.
Shake your booty daddy!
This morning he laid down next to me and said "you're pretty mommy." - One of my favorites :)
He saw a bandaid on Kellen's toe and said "you have a owie? I kiss it." And he did.
No comments:
Post a Comment