Search This Blog

Sunday, January 2, 2011

CHRISTMAS BREAK - CHICAGO

We got into Chicago around midnight on Christmas Day - we figured traffic would be a bit lighter and there was a snowstorm coming in on Sunday. The traffic wasn't too bad, and we only hit the storm in the last half hour of our travels - and only about 10 miles of it in actual snowy road conditions. Good timing.

We had a full week visiting with cousins:

Boys and their toys


Fun/crazy cousins


Sunday: Church, awesome talk by Aunt Colby, family games.

Shade being a monkey



Monday: Sledding/snowboarding down the neighbors hill, Family Home Evening with the Heatons (the family of an old missionary companion Kellen had)




Tuesday: Free movie at Library, Zoo with the lightshows, magic shows, Belowb freezing temperatures

Getting eaten by a fish


This Lion was over by the window pacing in front of all the people - it was weird, but cool to be this close to one.


Other fun zoo pictures



Wednesday: Free movie at Library II, Ice skating, Unlimited laser tag, Ice cream and hot dogs



Thursday: Lounging around, Bailey's play, Ping-pong, Back home



We got home around 11:30pm. We lost an hour in bad traffic through Chicago, then half an hour for dinner. But Shade was AWESOME in the 6.5 hr car ride (normally 5 hr)!

1 comment:

Janica said...

WOW! Those kids are getting so big. It's nice to see pictures of the Curtis's since Colby refuses to put up any. Bailey and Lydia are little ladys, instead of the babys I remember. & I didn't realize where Dalin was at first in the group picture because he is so big, I was looking for a tiny baby. I guess I need to take a trip back East!