Kellen's birthday just happened to occur on Mother's Day weekend this year (Friday). So I tried to make his day as special as possible. First I made him strawberry crepes and bacon for breakfast. Yummy :) Unfortunately, he had to work. But when he got home, he got to open presents. Shade picked out 2 presents for him. Chocolate Cheerios and Ghirardelli Intense Dark chocolates. When he gave the cheerios to Kellen, he said "Here you go daddy...we should share." I got him a sentimental movie (Highstrung) and found his favorite movie (3 Amigos) which we watched after dinner. He also got himself pans for his birthday awhile ago :) For dinner I made him his favorite - homemade lasagna, and we listened to Led Zeppelin (his favorite band). I was pretty proud of myself, the lasagna turned out pretty dang good. Shade also helped me make a small cake. We did a 2-layered chocolate cake with chocolate filling in the middle and a delicious caramel-peanut butter icing. It was pretty heavenly. I promised him one more present, but that one is still in the cards... ;)
For Mother's Day, I got strawberry crepes and sausage. Yum! I also got a certificate for a massage. The thing that I wanted the most was just to have Kellen watch Shade for me so I could go to the store and get some clothes - I haven't bought new clothes in almost 2 years and most of my pants and shoes are getting holes in them. But trying on clothes with a 2 year old can be brutal! I forgot to take pictures, but we all had a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment