Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

KATHY'S B-DAY


For my birthday this year, it landed on Shade's first day of school, and we had just gotten back from our vacation in South Carolina, so I had to unpack, and Kellen was swamped at work. There was so much to do, I almost forgot about it. But my boys were still really sweet. Kellen got me some of my favorite pizza (Costco supreme) and then cooked me up some succulent steaks a different night. He also got me an awesome hair straightener (something I have been wanting for quite some time now) that I am very excited to try. And Shade did his cute thing where he went to the dollar store with his own money and got me a birthday balloon and a really pretty purple center piece (to "tie the balloon to"). Then he picked out a watermelon frosted chocolate cake with big plastic ants on it :) And then to make the event better, at work a few days later, one of my patients told me that I looked too young to be a nurse, that I looked like I was barely in my 20s. Of course I took that as a complement since I had just turned 34. I have gotten those comments my whole life. It really bothered me when I was a teenager, and I figure I lost out on some dating opportunities because of it. But now it is starting to turn in my favor. I only hope it lasts... :)

No comments: