One week stats:
Weight: 10 lbs, 14 oz (lost 10 oz) = still 99%
Height: 22 inches = 98%
Head: 99%
Olive has really warmed up to Eli. She now acknowledges him all the time "look, a baby!" She will often say "baby sad," (even if he is just lying there or sleeping) and pat his head and say "shh, it's okay." She will even often kiss his head afterwards. And she will do things for him too, like push him in his swing (sometimes too hard), and give him his binki (even if he is asleep). I mean, she has definitely noticed that she is not "the baby" anymore. A lot of the time when she gets hurt or sad, she will still come over to me for comfort, but she will simply put her head on my lap, then walk away, especially if I am holding the baby. She also started going to Kellen a lot more, and asking him for things that she needs. Again, especially when I am holding/feeding the baby. But she doesn't seem to show any signs of jealousy toward him yet. She is being a really great big sister! She is soooo cute with him. I can't wait until he is older and see how they play together!
And Shade of course is the same great big brother he is with Olive. He helps out a lot. He gets me things, tries to get the baby to not cry for me, "watches" him while I use the bathroom or get something for Olive, and entertains Olive for me when I need him to. I really wish he had more time off school to stick around and help out!
As for breastfeeding, we have had quite a rough week. He was having a rough time with latching on while in the hospital. And then, I don't know if it was from my extreme exhaustion or what, but my milk didn't even come in until 5 days after he was born. And even then, it still took a couple days to produce any substantial amount. It didn't take more than 2-3 days to come in with both the other kids, and I was making sufficient amounts from the first day it came in, and they weren't as big as Eli. So it was very stressful and frustrating there for both Eli and I for this first week. Hopefully it gets better so I don't have to switch to formula, he eats about every hour during the day. No wonder why Olive keeps going to Kellen. I have a baby permanently attached to my chest! At least he is cute!!
Helpful big sister, winking, just plain adorable!

No comments:
Post a Comment