Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

4 WEEKS!!!!


This always happens... I hate being pregnant, so the pregnancy goes by SO SLOW, but then as soon as it is over, it is like time starts going in fast-forward mode. These last 4 weeks have been a blur. Partly because I have been so exhausted (with this baby, I can't always take a nap when he is sleeping because Olive still needs lots of attention, although every now and then they both take an extended nap longer than 30 minutes at the same time), and partly because it has been so cold and miserable outside for a newborn that we haven't been getting out of the house much. Not to mention it is still difficult for me to carry Eli around in the car seat and chase after/carry Olive at the same time since the surgery, although I am feeling stronger every day. I already started walking on the treadmill since week 1, but this week I got up to a 45 minute walk before I felt I needed to stop. It feels SO nice to be able to exercise without feeling nauseated or sore!

As for Eli, he is staying awake longer and looking around more, which is fun. He has also smiled unintentionally several times (no pictures yet), and guess who has two actual dimples (not just from being chubby)! But he has also given me a couple 6-7 hour stretches at night, which has been super! I still get up to pump (I still don't feel like my milk supply is adequate, as he still eats every 1-2 hours during the day when he isn't sleeping) after 4-5 hours, but it is still nice because it is faster to pump and then give him a bottle than try to nurse him at night when he is half asleep. Plus, it will make it that much easier to go back to work in March!

Cutest bear ever, Olive's blocks, Read to Me, Bear feet

No comments: