Search This Blog

Thursday, January 1, 2015

NEW YEAR'S EVE


I was in the hospital for New Year's Eve, and visiting hours end at 8 pm for kids, so we decided to celebrate a little early. When you have a baby at Botsford Hospital, they give you and a loved one a "special dinner." So we ordered our special dinner and then pulled up a fun movie on our kindle to watch together. Poor Olive fell asleep, and the food wasn't that great (the piece of chocolate cake was literally hard as a rock), but it was fun celebrating with the family - especially since I didn't have to take insulin or feel like I was going to puke the entire time!

I happened to be awake at midnight, feeding the baby of course. I sent out a couple texts with a picture of my baby. My family was already asleep. And that was our celebration. Happy New Year!

On a different note, the kids got to meet their new brother the day before. Olive was kind of weirded out by me holding a real baby, not like the pretend ones she plays with or we see pictures of. She acknowledged him a couple times, but other than that completely ignored him while at the hospital. Shade on the other hand was very excited to hold him, and feed him, and give him kisses. He even looked at Eli and said "he's the first dark one in our family..." because his skin was so red from being born :) Shade also said he wishes he were Eli because Eli was now the biggest baby in our family... But Shade sure had some brotherly love to give that cute little chub. What lucky boys!

No comments: