Shade has been such a good big brother! Even if some of the things he does are not very safe, his intentions are usually good. Here are some things he has said/done:
- "She is so cute! Her cheeks say 'kiss me, kiss me, kiss me!'”
- "All babies are cute, but she is the cutest baby in the whole earth!"
- When offered a sticker at Olive’s last Dr's appointment, he automatically went for the princess sticker. When asked why, he said he wanted to give it to his sister!
- "Don’t cry baby, big brother’s here!"
- He will occasionally make up songs to whatever tune he creates in his head, especially when she is crying. Some of my favorite lyrics “I love the baby… I love the baby… I love the baby…”
- "She is so cute, I just have to eat her!"
- "I'll teach you how to crawl, okay? Then I will teach you how to walk, then how to run really fast."
- He also always let me know when she is awake, when she pukes or poops, or when she is trying to eat something that isn't food... "don't eat the blanket, there's nothing in the blanket!"
- Once he wrapped the vacuum cord around her seat while she was in her swing. Of course I told him how dangerous that was, but he said he was just trying to give her a seat belt so she won't fall out.
- Olive is constantly cracking Shade up just by doing the things babies do - like pulling a sock or diaper over her face, trying to eat something, etc. He never seems to laugh that hard when I play with him :)
- When she cries, he sometimes will say "Oh, the baby the boopoo..."
- When Shade was in the car with Kellen, he mentioned that Olive made a bunch of cute baby noises. Kellen asked him what kind of noises. He thought about it and said "Ooo... and actually, that's it."
- "Goodnight sweetheart, have a good dream."
- "Sweetheart, don't cry! Don't cry! Don't cry! I asked nicely, not bad words!"
- "I want to wear this shirt to school (The World's Best Big Brother - see picture above) so they will all know I am the best big brother!"



>Of course he is still the big, teasing brother. One day when she was stuck lying on her tummy, he grabbed two dirty diapers and a dirty sock and stuck them all around her face. Of course he thought that was pretty funny...
But for the most part, he is just plain a good kid. Whenever it was his turn to pray for family prayers back when I was pregnant, he would pray every single time that I would not be sick anymore. And after the baby was born, he still prays that my owie will get better soon. And of course now that the flowers are blooming, he frequently will go out of his way to pick me a flower (mostly dandelions). In fact, just the other day when I went to pick him up from school, he was sitting in his chair waiting for me with two flowers in his hands that he said he had picked for me at recess and kept them so he could give them to me. What a sweetheart!

No comments:
Post a Comment