Shade is now 20 months old - 4 months away from being 2! :(
I continue to be amazed at Shade's ability to communicate, and his developing sense of humor. I suppose now that I'm not around as much, I don't get to see the incremental steps as often.
Here are some cute things Shade did recently.
--Today we were sitting on the floor eating some fruit. He suddenly looks up at me and yells "Momma!" "What?" I responded. "Tiss!" (Kiss) Then he came over and gave me a kiss with a great big smile on his face :)
--Today he must have been hungry because he said "I hung-ry...I eat?" Kellen then asked "what do you want to eat?" Shade said "blue-beh-ys."
--A week or so ago we were in the car. I was sitting in the back with him and cousin Foster. All of a sudden he put his hands on his head and started making sounds like he was having a hard time with something (grunting). Then he says "it heavy" - referring to his head :)
--Today he was standing in the kitchen doing the same thing with his hands on his legs, then he smiled and said "it heavy."
--Also today he found our oversized shopping bag (basically a tarp). He has such a fun sense of humor. He layed on the floor and put the bag over his body (yeah, it was that big) and said loudly "Hello!" And patiently waited for one of us to find him. He loves to hide.
--Earlier today he decided he wanted to find some shoes (he has a shoe obession, always putting on anyone's shoes he can find, even if he is already wearing some - sometimes it is hard to find a matching pair because they are spread all over the house!). So he started going around the house saying "hello shoes...!" He even opened the garbage can, looked inside and said "hello shoes!"
--Yesterday at Costco Kellen and Shade got a smoothie to share while they were shopping. Shade took a big sip, then crossed his arms across his chest and said "I cold." That one kind of surprised me because he used to mix up hot and cold.
--Yesterday we were getting in our car (it was close to 90 degrees and awfully muggy). As soon as Kellen put Shade in his car seat, he said "oooh, it hot!"
--We were doing a number game on the computer. Shade moved the mouse and the screen disappeared - he said "uh oh, ut happen?"
--When he did well on the game I said to him "you did it!" Then he smiled real big and said "I di- it!"
--We went to the beach yesterday for a few minutes on our way home from me getting some supplies for a project due tomorrow. We hadn't planned on it, so we had no swimsuits or towels or anything. So I took Shades hands and we waded in the shallow part for a bit. Kellen asked Shade "do you love it?" Shade replied "I love it!" Then Shade became very interested in throwing as much of the beach into the water as he could. But then we had to go. We washed off and then Kellen asked Shade "did you have fun? Did you like it?" And Shade replied "I like it!" He actually didn't even fuss when we put him back in the car. What a good kid.
--Kellen and Shade went to get haircuts yesterday (we haven't been having much luck cutting Shade's hair at home so we thought we would try an actual hair-cutting place - BAD IDEA! They did MUCH WORSE than Kellen or I could have done!). I was nervous Shade would freak out, he was kind of tired. But Kellen said that Shade just sat there quietly the whole time, holding his hairy apple slice, while the lady was cutting his hair. He even sat there quietly on Kellen's lap while the lady cut Kellen's hair. (It's always good to remember the good moments for those times when the only explanation of his behavior is that there has to be a pin in his diaper!)
--Shade has been incorporating the word "no" into as many things as he can lately, even if he means "yes." We were all in the car and I was asking him some questions: "Do you want some apple?" He said "No apple." Then I asked "Do you want some broccoli?" He said "No bro-oli." Then I said to Kellen "sheesh, he says no to everything." And Shade said "No e-ey-thin."
No comments:
Post a Comment